CALIFORNIA DMV LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Provide completion certificates for driver education and driver training.
- Have had your instruction permit for at least 6 months and 1 day. Your permit has to still be valid (not expired).
- The permit must be signed by your behind-the-wheel instructor (to make it valid) and be legal to drive with a licensed 25 year old driver. Prior to taking the DMV drive test your parent or guardian must sign the permit certifying you have completed 50 hours of supervised training. 10 hours of that 50 is to be night time driving.
- Pass your behind-the-wheel DMV driving test.